<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 25, 2005

SWING IT WITH BUSEY AT THE 227! 

David and I have visited Blabbermouth.net more than a few times.

I've seen a lot of stories posted there that have made me laugh my ass off. This weekend, I found the two funniest stories that I've ever seen at the site. Metal health will drive you mad, kids.

Former Warrant frontman signs on for VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club 2"

Quiet Riot singer Kevin Dubrow: Who the f**k is Meshuggah?

First, the Jani Lane story.

Surely you remember Warrant. Of course you do. What man doesn't like the "Cherry Pie" video? The fact that Jani Lane is going to be on "Celebrity Fit Club" is high comedy. But wait, there's more!

Joining the former Warrant frontman on the show will be Phil Margera (father of Bam), the Snapple Lady (again), Willie Aames (who had Scott Baio's leftovers on "Charles In Charge"; now known as Bibleman!), Jackee ("227" and "Ladybugs") and.....

GARY BUSEY!

I can't wait to see Busey and Bibleman, I mean, Willie Aames, go at it. The possibilities are endless here. Maybe Lane can write a song about it, hell if I know.

I'll admit, I wish VH1 would play more music. That goes for all the music channels out there. However, when you have a show with Busey, you can't go wrong.

Now, the Quiet Riot/Meshuggah story.

Dubrow in an interview with KNAC.com: "I've never heard of them, but that's neither here nor there. It's like, 'QUIET RIOT sucks, but MESHUGGAH rocks!' Well, who the f**k is MESHUGGAH, and what do they have to do with us? I wish them nothing but good luck, but you know what I'm saying."

At Blabbermouth.net, there are a few posters who like to end their posts with Meshuggah. Meshuggah is a underground metal band that I've never really heard of, except for the endless props on Blabbermouth. The Meshuggah props along with the "Lars Ulrich sucks!" comments are what makes Blabbermouth.net what it is. Nevermind that the site actually gives the fans good metal news every once in a while. Once again, metal health drives me mad.

Does anybody remember the 1997 playoffs when Quiet Riot re-recorded "Cum On Feel The Noize", but used Sonics lyrics in the song? "CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE! SEA-TOWN ROCK YOUR BOYS! WE'LL GET WILD, WILD, WILD! WILD, WILD, WILD!" I also remember the Presidents of the United States of America recording a version of "Supermodel" called "Supersonics", with clips of Kevin Calabro in the song itself. Not only am I a big sports fan, I'm also a big music fan. Can't you tell?

Basically, the point is that Gary Busey rules, Jani Lane is washed up, and Kevin Dubrow wants to know who the f**k Meshuggah is. I've been asking myself that question for a year or so now, Kevin.

MESHUGGAH SUCKS! SPONGE RULES!

This off-day post brought to you by Summer Sanders' Sweet Cherry Pie.

"She's my cherry pie. Cool drink of water, such a sweet suprise! Taste so good, make a grown man cry! Sweet cherry pie! Swing it!"

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page