<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I HATE LEONARD LITTLE 

I can't believe I missed this story from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch from this past Saturday. It's St. Louis Rams defensive end Leonard Little talking about his drunk-driving arrest from last year.

In his first comments to the media about the trial and about the 2004 arrest, Little told the Post-Dispatch: "The people that support me, and the people that know me, knew I wasn't intoxicated driving."

Even so, Little conceded that having anything to drink and getting behind the wheel of his 2003 Mercedes, "was stupid on my part. That was a dumb mistake I made that night, driving home, even though I wasn't intoxicated."

It's a lesson many think Little should have learned in October 1998, when the Lincoln Navigator he was driving in downtown St. Louis collided with a car driven by Susan Gutweiler of Oakville. Gutweiler, 47, was killed. Little admitted he was drinking, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, and was sentenced to 1,000 hours of community service, 90 nights in jail, and four years probation.

After the latest incident, Little said he will bring a designated driver with him if he ever goes out for a beer again.

"I guarantee you that," Little said. "But I doubt if I ever touch any alcohol at all again. It's not worth it. It's not worth my family. It's not worth my career. ... I've had plenty of time to think about it. And it's not worth it. So it's best for me not to do it at all, than to do it and get myself in another jam."

Little says he rarely drinks alcohol.

"Probably once a month," he said. "A lot of guys go out and they ask me to go out. I always stay home. I don't put myself in that environment too often. I'm always at home, usually watching TV. That's my best hobby - watching TV."


The family of Susan Gutweiler would have appreciated you watching TV that night in 1998, Leonard.

Here's hoping that the bastard gets his knee blown out this season. There's no justice in the world when Leonard Little still gets to play football for a living. No justice at all.

I hate the St. Louis Rams, but most of all, I hate Leonard Little.

A murderer who should be locked up, not playing football.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page