<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

BLOGOSPHERED 

No, we haven't been contacted to join the all-star crew at USS Mariner.

So let's see here, now that Mariner Musings is basically done, what's left of the Mariner blogosphere from last winter?

---Us (Jeremy and David)
---USS Mariner (David Cameron, Derek Zumsteg, Jason Michael Barker, Jeff Shaw, Peter White)
---Lookout Landing (formely Leone For Third; Jeff, Trent and Devin)
---Nice Guys Finish Third (Paul)
---Mariner Optimist (Corey)

I know there are a few blogs I left out, but those are the main ones from the previous winter that are still around.

What does this all mean? It means that despite an awful 2004 season, Sports and Bremertonians is still standing. Thanks to the Seahawks and Sonics, we've been able to keep this place fresh, unlike most blogs in the offseason. Yes folks, there are other sports to watch besides baseball.

However, we know for a fact that we get more action (i.e. hits) during the baseball season. I can't wait for the 2005 season to start. When Adrian Beltre trots out to third base at the Safe on April 4, there may be a tear or two shed from my eye. I don't know what it's like to see a damn good player at the hot corner in Seattle. Russ Davis and David Bell don't count.

So stay tuned, folks. As much as I enjoy writing about the Seahawks on this site, I love talking Mariners baseball. My enthusiasm is back for this team. I guess that's a sign that spring training is right around the corner. Four of the sweetest words in the world of sports are "Pitchers and catchers report".

Here's four more words I want to hear in October:

"World Champion Seattle Mariners"

Realistically, I know that's a stretch. But hey, I'm enthusiastic. Why shouldn't I be?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page