<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 27, 2004

TIME FOR ME TO "BITCH AND MOAN" 

Oh boy, a few people just don't like to read bloggers bitch and moan.

Too bad. 96 percent of the time, my bitching and moaning is valid. There's a reason for it.

Anyways, if Hiram Bocachica doesn't make the 25-man roster because the Local Boy Willie Bloomquist sticks with the team, I'm going to be outraged. I don't put too much stock in spring training numbers, but let's look at them anyway:

Bocachica 17 games (31 at-bats), .323 BA, 3 HR, 8 RBI
Bloomquist 16 games (42 at-bats), .190 BA, 0 HR, 3 RBI, and a few errors along the way

I can't believe I'm actually in favor of a hack like Bocachica, but in this case, I have to be. Bloomquist has no business being on the Mariners 25-man roster at this point. What has he done? Hit a meaningless grand slam home run against Tampa Bay right before the All-Star Break? Have a lucky day against Jarrod Washburn in September 2002?

Seriously, WHAT EXACTLY HAS WILLIE BLOOMQUIST DONE TO DESERVE A SPOT ON THE MARINER ROSTER?

Of course, we all know the answer. He's a local boy. It would help the Mariners sell just a few more tickets if the Port Orchard kid was on the Mariners. I mean, come on, who cares about a World Series, just as long as little 8-year old Cody gets to see a guy from his hometown play baseball for his favorite team?

As we've said time and time again, we don't care for Willie Bloomquist. Not only is it because he's from Port Orchard, it's the fact that he's not a good ballplayer. Maybe if he went to a non-contending ballclub, he could possibly prove me and some people wrong. Fine. It won't be the first time I've been proven wrong.

I just don't want to see this guy on my team. You know, the team who SHOULD be contending for a world championship, but chooses not to go the extra mile.

But go ahead and enjoy the Moo Mobile at Safeco Field.

And Willie Bloomquist's bunt single in a 12-1 rout in the middle of July.

One more thing...

I hope Freddy Garcia has a great year. You can count me in on that "bandwagon", too. See, I can be optimistic. I'm optimistic about the starting rotation. It's just that I'm not too optimistic about everything else with the M's. But more on that in my baseball preview, which will be coming in a few days.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page