<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

SHORT AND SWEET 

No big long post on the NCAA Tournament tonight...

I'll keep it simple.

The three teams that I had remaining in my Elite Eight have advanced. St. Joseph's beat Wake Forest 84-80, Oklahoma State beat Pittsburgh 63-51, and UConn destroyed Vanderbilt 73-53.

And Alabama knocked off the defending national champion Syracuse 80-71.

I'll just say this about Alabama. They have finally reached their potential. Last season, they were ranked #1 in the country for a few weeks. They barely made it into the tournament last season. This year, they struggled and finished middle of the pack in the SEC West. But a tough schedule can do wonders for a team like Alabama.

Knocking off Stanford and Syracuse in the same tournament is a cause for celebration.

However, the ride will most likely end Saturday against UConn. I'm still kicking myself for not taking UConn out of the West region. Dammmmmmmmmmmit!

That's all from me tonight on the regional semis. More semis tomorrow.

Anybody but Duke.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page