<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

TOTALLY UNRELATED... 

I've been reeling over last week's South Park, not a show I watch anywhere near as religiously as Chappelle's Show, but something about the ads for it got me to watch. That "something" was the four kids drawn anime-style.

So I'm sitting there watching the show and having a good guffaw, when all of a sudden they were in a battle sequence and this song comes into play where the lyrics are mostly in Japanese with English phrases thrown in. The English phrases: "Hey, hey, let's go," "protect my balls," "so let's fighting," "let's fighting love." I've been around some foreign languages where the native tongue is being spoken and then a few english words get thrown in, and then if you don't understand the language, those english words act as teasers here and there. Since this song is basically the same thing, it's funny as hell to me. Also, since you can totally imagine such a cheesy-sounding song in an anime 'toon, it makes it that much more funny.

Why am I posting this? I finally found a loose translation (via a message board thread) of the lyrics. Scroll way down and look for the post by user aoimenosamurai9 at 6:53am or do a Ctrl+F on the user's name. The song makes absolutely no sense, and that's what makes it great.

Hey, hey, let's go kenka suru!
Taisetsuna mono, protect my balls!
Boka ga warui so let's fighting!
Let's fighting love!

Jeremy saw the episode and thought the tune of the chorus was lifted form Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Cartman did a great job of using his super power of invisibility.

Back to normal business...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page