<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

FRICK THE SEC 

Just had to get that off of my chest.

It's Sunday, another day for my bracket to blow up into even bigger pieces of crap.

Here we go...

Xavier 89, Mississippi State 74
So much for the Starkville boys being "for real".

They not only were eliminated from the NCAA Tournament today, they have to return to Starkville, MS. Ouch.

Oh, and the Bulldogs were the THIRD Final Four team eliminated from my bracket. But at least I'm not in Starkville, MS!

Xavier will face Texas on Friday in Atlanta

Georgia Tech 57, Boston College 54
BC bores the hell out of me. A big salute to the Yellow Jackets for knocking them out.

Georgia Tech will play Nevada in St. Louis Friday.

Oklahoma State 70, Memphis 53
My lone Final Four team is still alive.

John Calipari sucks. It's always good to see his sorry ass lose.

Vanderbilt 75, North Carolina State 73
The Wolfpack deserved to lose this game. How do you foul the three point shooter not once, but TWICE???

Vandy plays UConn on Thursday in Phoenix.

Illinois 92, Cincinnati 68
Bob Huggins is eliminated. I'm loving it.

Illinois will play Duke Friday in Atlanta.

Pittsburgh 59, Wisconsin 55
The Panthers overcome the Badgers faithful in Milwaukee. Big win for Jamie Dixon's squad.

Pittsburgh will play Oklahoma State Thursday in East Rutherford.

UAB 76, Kentucky 75
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I had Kentucky losing in the second round. Too bad that I had Washington beating them.

Sickening moment of the tournament so far: Nolan Richardson was in the crowd wearing GREEN. UAB head coach Mike Anderson was an assistant under Richardson at Arkansas. Folks, I haven't found a person here in Arkansas who likes Nolan Richardson. Great coach, but terrible person. His trial against the University of Arkansas starts in May. Hoo boy.

And in the most important game today for Bremertonians...

Kansas 78, Pacific 63
It was a good run for Miah Davis and the Tigers. But it is simply asking way too much for a Big West team to beat the Jayhawks in Kansas City. Kemper Arena is about 30 miles from the doors of Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, KS. This KU team wasn't a great team this year, but they got to play their first and second round games in Kansas City. A travesty, IMO. And that's not even the worst part about this. They get to play the regionals in ST. LOUIS. That's a picnic for Jayhawks fans. They can get on I-70 and be there in no time.

Back to Miah. Miah had 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists in 36 minutes. He may not be playing in the tournament any more, but that doesn't make us any less proud of him. Today was the end of Miah's collegiate career. It was great to see him end it on the biggest stage a college basketball player can be on, the NCAA Tournament.

Again, you can't expect to beat Kansas in Kansas City when this stuff is going on. I didn't get to see the game on TV or on AOL Broadband, so I was able to catch the Pacific radio feed. The announcers were just going nuts. "Are they going to call a foul here? Of course not."

It was that type of day in Kansas City. But what can you do?

Kansas will play UAB in St. Louis Friday. Expect a big Jayhawk crowd in the Edward Jones Dome.

So there you have it. Today, I was .500, with Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma State, and Illinois winning.

Who's left in my Sweet 16? The above four teams, St. Joseph's, and Connecticut.

I won't get any points for this, but here's my revised Final Four:

Kansas (do you really think they're going to lose in St. Louis?)
Oklahoma State (my only team left in my Final Four)
Illinois (why not?)
Connecticut (I knew I should have picked them over Stanford in the Elite Eight, DOH!)

This will set up an Oklahoma State-Connecticut National Championship game, with the Cowboys winning. Eddie Sutton deserves a National Championship. Jim Calhoun already has his.

No commercial report here, because it's all the same.

Does anybody find it funny that the only two SEC teams left are Alabama and Vanderbilt? Who would have thunk it?

As for the baseball player with the bionic eye, my local CBS affiliate didn't even show "Century City" last night. Hysterical.

It's time to take a break from the tournament for a few days. I'm back in school tomorrow. Damn.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page