<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 26, 2004

UP AND UP 

From last fall into part of the winter, one of the most-Google searched things that showed up in our referrer log at Sports and B's were searches along the lines of "pudge urbina kissing," because, well, they did that, we referred to it, and quite frankly, we would rather have not seen it in the first place.

This does not help that...

Urbina's friendship with Rodriguez was a deciding factor in settling on Detroit.

"Pudge has called me several times. He called three days ago. He said, 'I really want you to play with me,'" Urbina said this week.


You know, the immature junior high student in me would totally play Double Entendre Match Game with that Ugueth Urbina quote, but I'm just going to let it rest. I haven't had any energy this during this whole spring break to do much of anything.

And in a totally unrelated note, I was watching the Red Wings/Avalanche game last night while everyone else was watching the NCAA tournament because I'm weird. I'd also like to congratulate and thank the Red Wings and Manny Legace for doing the Canucks a favor and beating the Avalanche. The Canucks are still somehow within three points of Colorado heading into tomorrow night's tilt with the Marty Turco-less Dallas Stars. Some of you may have seen the high-stick he put on Ryan Smyth the other night that got him suspended. It's good for the Canucks because Turco simply owns them.

And oh no...Dom Hasek may have gotten off easily.

One last thing...one of SportsLine's biggest sponsors is MegaSports.com, which I basically interpret as "offshore gaming." A lot of the time they make their ads easily attractive to the eye by placing attractive women in the ads. The one that's disturbed me lately is the one where a woman is wearing a purple and gold near-spaghetti strapped top with "LOS ANGELES" and number 8 on it. Now is it just me, or does something seem really wrong about this?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page