<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

TWO! SIX SIX! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST 

Not exactly...

But it was two years ago tonight that Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander ran for 266 yards and scored three touchdowns in a 34-27 victory over the Oakland Raiders at Husky Stadium.

David and I were there. I had tickets to the game because during the 2001 season, the Seahawks were giving away 4 free tickets to the military and their families. So, I took advantage of this opportunity. I went to three games that season, all Seahawks victories.

It was a great night. It was rally towel night, so I put my towel to great use. Poor David, I think he was covered in white fibers from the towel by the end of the night. And it was cold as hell. But that's football weather baby.

Oh, the best part about that night, other than the game? It had to be before the game. There was this group of guys sitting near us. One of the guys got up to go get some food, or whatever. He then comes back. He falls on his ass on the Husky Stadium stairs, which are very wet and steep, I might add. And the insane part about all of this? His friends were just laughing their asses off at the guy. And they were videotaping the whole thing as well. That was so wrong, yet so freaking hysterical.

However, I don't miss Husky Stadium one bit as an NFL venue. Seahawks Stadium is just fine, thank you very much. Taking a Metro bus to a game from the ferry terminal isn't as fun as walking to the damn stadium itself. That's the best thing about Seattle if you're a Kitsap County resident, or in my case, a former Bremerton resident. Seahawks Stadium and Safeco Field are within walking distance from Colman Dock, and that's a very good thing.

I miss going to sporting events...next summer can't come soon enough.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page