<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

THANK YOU, VETS 

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our veterans who have served our country, living or dead.

Although today is "Veterans Day", everyday IMO is Veterans Day. If it weren't for these brave men and women, our country wouldn't be as great as it is today.

Unfortunately, Southeast Arkansas College doesn't realize that. They receive federal money to keep their institution open. But they force their students to go to school on Veterans Day, which means, reluctantly, I'm going to class today. I would love to miss class today, but that's simply not the case.

Boy, I guess the hillbilly guy who said back in April that "you're in the South now, we do things a little different down here" was right on the money.

It's been almost 7 months since I moved down here, and I tell ya, I still feel like a West Coast guy. Hell, I always will. It keeps me normal.

I respect Southern culture, but the West Coast is always the best. That's the way it is. Deal with it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page