<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ATHLETICS! MARINERS! 4/3/07 

Google Earth image

Oakland ATHLETICS (0-1, 0-1 road) at Seattle MARINERS (1-0, 1-0 home), 7:05p, CW-11 KSTW/MLB.tv
Joe Blanton (0-0) vs. Jarrod Washburn (0-0)

I remember reading an article about what would be physically different around Safeco Field this year, and the article wound its way around to the different ads that were on the outfield fences and that there was a change or two. I realized after the Opening Day game that since Felix Hernandez got zero flyball outs, the viewers didn't get to see a whole lot of outfield fence. All I noticed is that Washington Mutual doesn't spell out their entire name anymore on their ad. What's cool is that some of the ads, like the Boeing ad, don't seem to be invasive. The aforementioned Boeing ad is pretty basic, just white font with a logo, that's it. Then there are ads like the blinding bright yellow Nikon ad that's in leftcenter. That's gotta go.

Oh, the game. It's the second game of a three-game series, and a Mariner win would (gasp!) get the Mariners a series win, against Oakland, no less. A win in either this game or the next would guarantee the Mariners equal their season-series win mark of last year against the A's. I sat through all 162 games last season, and I still have a hard time fathoming the Mariners going 2-17 against Oakland. I know they've historically sucked against the A's, but even 2-17 is hard to grasp for me.

Enjoy this regular-timed night home game. I know I will since I'll be able to actually watch it live right after I get off of work instead of having to wait for the feed link to pop up in the MLB.tv archive. Great times.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page