<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

HUMIDITY IS A BITCH 

Ask Aaron Sele about humidity.

"I was tired, but it wasn't the baserunning," Sele said. "Ninety-seven percent humidity. I think the warmest weather we've seen in Seattle this year has been 58 degrees. The temperature was nice, but you sweat through four T-shirts. It just sucks the energy right out of you."

Try living in the South year-round, Aaron.

To be fair, it isn't humid in the South year-round. But right now, it's pretty humid here in Arkansas. I can't step outside my house without having a stove being thrown into my face. Seriously, that's what it feels like.

It isn't the heat that bothers me. It's the damn humidity. The temperature can be 90 degrees, but with the heat index, it's 95. That's hot. And I don't mean in the way Paris Hilton says "that's hot".

So, if you want an explanation as to why Sele left after 76 pitches through 7 innings, that's it right there. Quite frankly, I can't blame Mike Hargrove for pulling Sele. As the post title states, humidity is a bitch!

My advice to Northwesterners coming down South anytime soon:

Drink lots of water.

And prepare to have a hot stove thrown into your face.

I'm just trying to help y'all out, alright? I do what I can.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page