<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

THE PUMP 6/7/05 



Mariners at Marlins, 4:05 Pacific (FSN Northwest, MLB.TV)

Ryan Franklin (2-7, 4.96 ERA) vs Brian Moehler (2-3, 2.59 ERA)

I'm posting this earlier than usual, because, well, I can.

The Mariners have never faced the Florida Marlins during the regular season, so chalk up tonight's game as something you've never seen before.

Joe Robbie Stadium, I mean, Pro Player Stadium, no wait, Dolphins Stadium is the worst ballpark in the National League. Here's hoping that someday, there's a new ballpark in South Florida. If that doesn't happen, move the team to Las Vegas and be done with it.

I'm getting excited about tomorrow night's ballgame, since Dontrelle Willis will be on the mound for the Marlins. I'll have a Dontrelle post tomorrow afternoon, so look out for that. Mariners fans, he is the real deal.

As for the 2005 MLB Draft, the Mariners selected USC catcher Jeff Clement with the third pick overall. I let my feelings on the draft be known yesterday, so I don't need to repeat them here. It makes absolutely no sense for me to talk about the draft. While I have watched a ton of college football and college basketball over the years, I've never watched a lot of college baseball, unless it's the College World Series. There will be too many people today discussing the draft, yet they have never seen these players play before. At least when I discuss the NFL and NBA Drafts here at Sports and Bremertonians, I have seen a lot of those players play. I will NEVER shortchange our readers.

This is a game thread. Enjoy yourself.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page