<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 21, 2005

NOTWELL 

The Atlanta Falcons have signed free-agent linebacker Edgerton Hartwell to a 6-year, $28.25M deal, including an $8M signing bonus.

I'm not sure whether to be ticked off by this yet, since the Seahawks' pattern of moves this offseason has shown that they aren't going to overpay for talent. However, there had been rumblings that the Seahawks weren't going to bite unless Hartwell brought down his rumored demands for a $10M signing bonus, and sure enough, he got $8M instead. Tim Ruskell can't lure everyone to Seattle, but I wish Hartwell could have been in a Seahawk uniform.

[Edit ~10:16a -- I'm officially not ticked. I seem to have glossed over the word "guaranteed" in the article. I'm not sure I would have gone that route either.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page