<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

THE GREATEST 

I've been hearing about this for a while, but the show I'm watching right now is the final debate on the CBC for The Greatest Canadian.

In the top 10 vote getters, Don Cherry is seventh place and Wayne Gretzky is ninth as of right now or three hours ago, depending on time zone and when their site was last updated.

I guess what's enthusing about this entire debate is to see some of the stories of the people that Cherry and Gretzky are up against. The fact that Cherry and Gretzky are even in the same boat with the other eight nominees speaks volumes as to what hockey means to our neighbors to the north. Hockey serves as pretty much a microcosm of life up there, and it seems that many of life's lessons are learned on the rink.

In a somewhat related note, one of the hosts of the show is Shaun Majumder of This Hour Has 22 Minutes (sort of a weekly Canadian Daily Show), who I finally figured out reminds me of a tanned Adam Carolla. But the most glaring way how these guys are similar: mouth movements during speech. They've both got that thing where the corners of the mouth point downward when they talk. I don't know why I notice this kind of subtle weird crap.

I'm still watching the show right now on the CBC, though I'm not sure how long it'll be on. The results will be revealed tomorrow.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page