<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 25, 2004

ESPN NFL 2K5  



Well, ESPN NFL 2K5 is so damn good that I basically spent most of Sunday playing it. Yes, I even missed out on the Angels-Mariners game. Oh well.

ESPN NFL 2K5 came out this past Tuesday and is $19.99 at most major retailers. Target even has it for $15.88 this week. A steal if I've ever seen one.

Madden 2005 won't come out until August 10, so ESPN/SEGA has EA Sports beat as far as timing goes. Now, Eddie George is still a Titan in the ESPN game, but if I'm the Titans in a franchise mode, I'll still keep him. Because quite frankly, he's a Titan in my mind, not a Cowboy.

I won't go into a full-blown review on NFL 2K5, only because there are other sites on the web that do a much better job at it than I can do. But I can say a few things about the game.

---This is the best NFL game I've ever played. And that's saying something. I have Madden 2002 and Madden 2004, but the graphics on 2K5 are just sick.

---SEGA really improved their product over the past few years. I rented NFL 2K3 a few years ago and it was just horrible. Good job SEGA, for stepping up and making your product better.

---The Seahawks colors are correct on 2K5! I couldn't believe it.

---2K5 got the Qwest Field name in before the deadline, but their audio track says "Seattle Stadium". I can deal with that. It's no big deal.

---2K5 has the full-blown ESPN presentation. It's simply awesome. Chris Berman should only cover the NFL. He's just that damn good at it.

---The gameplay is outstanding. Again, SEGA improved their gameplay big time.

---There's a Cribs section in 2K5. It's part of the VIP system. You can even play games against the likes of David Arquette, Funkmaster Flex, and Carmen Electra. I beat Courtney Cox's bitch 35-3.

---I've played 2 seasons of Franchise, and so far, so good. Of course, I'm the Seahawks. First year of franchise, I was 10-6 and earned a wild card berth. Won the Super Bowl against Tennessee. But for me, the highlight of the 1st Franchise season was Ken Hamlin laying out Terrell Owens in the NFC Championship Game. T.O. had to leave with a separated shoulder, and the Eagles chances went bye-bye.

---Seahawks-Eagles NFC Championship Game (for real). I'd love to see it in Seattle, but it would be even better if it was in Philly. To see the Seahawks beat the Eagles in the Linc would be hysterical.

---YES, I'M SO F***ING READY FOR FOOTBALL.

---First Person action is in one word, insane.

--- --- --- --- ---

The graphics are killer, the gameplay is great, and everything else is just awesome. Go get ESPN NFL 2K5.

You can still play Madden too, but at least give 2K5 a chance.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page