<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 24, 2004

RANDOM-RRIFIC 

I just have to say that whenever I'm using the latest newly-tweaked version of the Blogger interface, I'm still using the Edit HTML flap instead of the Compose flap. You just get used to certain things, ya know?

-- Six weeks in a land far from anywhere as well as nowhere will land a Canuck fan like me into some major hockey withdrawal. One quick trip to the official site gave me a fix consisting of articles on drafting strategy, new free agent signings (veteran journeyman goalie Wade Flaherty, defenseman Johnathon Aitken, right winger Lee Goren), and the 2004-2005 schedule (we'll see how many of those games actually get played). From the schedule release, "[t]he Canucks sold out all 41 regular season home games last year and have now capped their season ticket base at 17,000." That, my friends, is nuts.

-- The Seahawks are only nine days away from starting training camp in Cheney. I've never looked forward to a football season with this much anticipation in my life, and it's pretty much coming at the expense of your Seattle Mariners. Anyway, the Hawks have four new TV spots that I haven't seen yet and will have to hunt around for them on the TV because 56k won't be able to hack it when it comes to online viewing. Also, I'm going to miss Brian Davis in the booth. I have a feeling that the radio broadcasts are going to be way too soft.

-- The Alex/Varitek brawl? Yeah, I saw it. It looked like Varitek was trying to pull a wrestling move on Alex, specifically the T-bar, which with proper execution tips the person over, but with improper execution can cause acute pain if the person is not wearing a cup.

-- Then I realized the Yankees are getting away with having Tanyon Sturtze on the roster. This shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's Tanyon Sturtze, for goodness' sake. Dartanyon.

-- Did Neil Patrick Harris just steal your car? If so, the Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle trailers may have drilled a hole into your head.

-- I'd like to thank ODOT for having the wisdom to close off two out of the three lanes of northbound I-5 just south of the Terwilliger curves at 10pm on a Friday night because after all, there'd never be any cars on the road at that time (it's preposterous). Raise your hand out there if you've had to drive with the window down and no shirt on (if you have no AC) at 10pm...

-- A surf across the Portland radio dial last night yielded the Mariner game on KOMO (I don't know the Portland station, but KOMO was pretty clear), and two radio stations carrying the single-A game between Salem-Keizer and Vancouver (BC). Since there were two stations broadcasting the same game, I'm led to believe that one of the stations could have been beaming in all the way from the Great White North. Amazing. The other faraway station I listened to had an ad for Walnut Creek Chevrolet. "No way," I thought, knowing that Randy Johnson was born in that town in the Bay Area. I listened for a few more minutes and through a traffic report and sure enough, it was News Talk 810 KGO out of SF. I'll be damned.

It might take me a couple posts to work out the rustiness, y'all, but I'll work back into form. You have my word.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page