<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

BLEED IN YOUR OWN LIGHT 

Way to go, Roger!

A few notes on tonight's All-Star Game, which after the 1st inning was a snoozefest.

---I'm sick and tired of "American Idol". It's Texas, where is Jessica Simpson? Yes, she's annoying as hell. Nick Lachey will probably get out of dodge before too long. But do I need to explain why she would be better than Fantasia, Macy Gray's second cousin?

---Good god it's Mo Vaughn singing "God Bless America"!!!

---Rocket got rocked. Life is good.

---Joe Walsh would kick Ruben and Fantasia's ass.

---"Don Henley's gonna tell me how to vote. I don't f***ing think so, ok? I got two words for Don Henley, Joe F***ing Walsh, ok!? Thanks for calling, Don! How long's your pony tail now? Ok!" Denis Leary "No Cure For Cancer"

---OK, enough of the Joe Walsh references.

---Alfonso Soriano is good. God help Seattle if he stays in Texas. Soriano is a member of the exclusive Mariner Killer Alliance (alliance, club, whatever).

---Ron Belliard got to play in the game but Carlos Guillen didn't? Pathetic.

---Ex-Mariners 6, Current Mariners 1 (Guillen, Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Ken Griffey, Jr., Randy Johnson, Armando Benitez)

---Yes, Benitez counts. So does Ortiz, who was a Mariner prospect. More on this later.

---But the All-Star Game doesn't.

---Houston is a horrible city. Of course, I've never been there. But what's so fun about a city with major traffic and massive humidity?

---Safeco Field > Minute Maid Park. I will not debate this.

---I did not see the David Ortiz home run in the 6th inning. A big fat thank you to the folks at my cable company, who shall remain nameless, for making me and a few folks miss the 5th through 7th innings.

---David Ortiz (Arias) for Dave Hollins. A forgotten fact about that deal is that Ortiz was a PTBNL. I have no problem putting this trade in my top 3 of Worst Mariner Trades.

---Jimy Williams will be fired on Wednesday. But the Astros are thinking about Phil Garner and Grady Little as possible replacements for Jimy? Yikes.

---Houston, get ready for Yao and Tracy.

---The All-Star Game is in Detroit next season. And the Super Bowl follows in February 2006. Simply stunning.

--- --- --- --- ---

Second half starts Thursday. It will end soon enough.

One more thing...

I want to strangle "Scooter".

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page