<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

RALPH WILEY 1952-2004 

Sports journalist Ralph Wiley has died at the age of 52 of heart failure.

Wiley was one of the original ESPN Page 2 columnists and a former senior writer at Sports Illustrated. He also wrote many books, including "Best Seat in the House: A Basketball Memoir" with Spike Lee. I read "Best Seat In The House" when I was in high school and it was a great look into Lee's mind about the game of basketball.

I didn't always agree with Wiley's views. But the great thing about journalism is that there are many great writers with different views. I respected Wiley because he wouldn't back down from anybody.

As a journalism major, I try to read as many articles and columns as I can. Wiley was one of the many journalists whose work I have read regularly. He will definitely be missed.

RIP, Mr. Wiley. I'm sad that I won't be able to read his post-NBA Finals column this week.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page