<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

WHAT A JERK 







Man Nearly Knocks Down Boy, Keeps Ball

Rangers color analyst Tom Grieve on the jerk

"Yeah, you got the ball, buddy. Nice going, you took it away from a little kid. Hold it up, you should be real proud of yourself," Grieve said during the televised broadcast. "Go to a sporting goods store and buy a dozen baseballs if you want them that bad."

"You know, there is a jerk in every park, and there is the biggest jerk in this park," Grieve said while the camera was focused on the man.


Exactly, Tom.

If I catch a foul ball, I would give it to a little kid. The ball would mean much more to a kid than it would to me. If I want a ball, I'll just pay 12 bucks to get the same damn ball at the souvenir stand.

(I've never caught a ball during a game. But I have caught one during batting practice. However, I never tried to knock down a little kid to get that ball.)

Watching the highlights of that Cardinals-Rangers game, I have a feeling that the jerk's girlfriend is not going to be with him for very long. She sure as hell didn't look happy to be with him after his little stunt. The jerk left The Ballpark in Arlington (excuse me, Ameriquest Field) after the fourth inning.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page