<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN... 

I probably should just sleep now for the good of my schoolwork rather than get worked up over the Mariners, but I had to get to this at the very least...

Gotta love Bob Melvin busting Ben Davis' balls already about calling the game. I can't vouch for what happened on the Jose Guillen homer, but I have a few things to say about the Vlad Guerrero home run, which did make it onto SportsCenter. Melvin basically says Thornton should be blowing people down with his fastball, and we know it's his plus pitch and everything, but this is Vlad Guerrero, for God's sake. Your chances of blowing a fastball past Vlad aren't too good for anyone, I don't care if it's the spring. So Big Ben calls for the slider. In his words, "[n]obody covers the plate better than Vlad. He's the best in the league by far. You don't want to back up pitches on him, so after he fouled off a slider, I had Matt throw a change. It was a good pitch, down low. Vlad just went and got it." Davis gets busted later in the article for the Guillen home run, which I didn't see video of, but if it was a high change, then I guess maybe Ben should take some heat for that, but not in the media, because airing your dirty laundry in the media is juvenile. Back to the Vlad homer, did any of you see that? The ball was at his shoetops. It may have been lower than the homer I'm thinking of that Garret Anderson hit off Kazu Sasaki. It was a very very good pitch, and like I said, you're not gonna blow fastballs past Vlad. I remember one homer in particular, when Vlad hacked at an eye-level fastball from Randy Johnson and parked it over the CF fence at the BOB. That was amazing.

Hmm, they've wasted a roster spot already on Quinton McCracken, why not waste another on Hiram Bocachica? Why does my mind think Jose Offerman may actually be better than this guy? Yes, we're sickly reminded also that a roster spot has also been wasted on Ron Villone.

Yeah, I know I headlined this as a baseball post, but hooray for the Seahawks re-signing Darrell Jackson. This guy dropped balls like nobody's business last year, but when the guy is on, it's just sickening. I'm getting more and more juiced for the next Seahawk season. Could you imagine if they went 8-0 at home again? It's a lot to ask but man, it'd be awesome. Bobby Taylor has flown out of Seattle to visit with other teams, but former Cowboy and Dolphin safety Brock Marion is in town. These are big names, folks. The Seahawks aren't messing around. Though the free-agent signing period has been short, they've had a whirlwind of an offseason, and a possibly perfect one, according to David Locke. Oh yeah, I have to bring up the fact that Randall Godfrey bolted the Seahawks' coop to sign with the Chargers. You may remember Godfrey for missing the tackle in the backfield on Ahman Green when the Packers went for it on 4th-and-1 from the Seattle 3 behind 20-13 with just under 11 minutes left in regulation. Green scored on the next play to tie the game at 20 and close out the Packer scoring drive, which ate 6:56 off the clock and managed to infuriate me greatly, especially when you realize that the Panthers went to the damn Super Bowl.

Zzzzzzzzzz...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page