<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

BRACKETS, BASES, AND BLOGS..... 

Anyways.....

Boo hoo, Gary Sheffield got hurt. I'm really crushed about this.

But as David said, this means that Magglio Ordonez is just a phone call away from being a New York Yankee. Don't ever put anything past Mr. George Steinbrenner.

Can we please stop it with the Ken Griffey, Jr. rumors??? He's not coming back to Seattle anytime soon, and I don't want him back. That's not to say that I don't like the guy. But what I am saying is that he's 34 years old and very injury prone. It's not like the Mariners need to get any older here.

I had a chance to watch the Angels-Mariners ESPN spring training game today. Yes, it's only spring training. But the first few innings reminded me of the last couple of seasons. 2 men on, so what? I still feel comfortable saying that Raul Ibanez is going to be the worst free agent signing of the offseason. Hell, he already is.

I'm thinking that the M's can win anywhere from 80-90 games. I'm guessing 86 right now, which would be good enough for third place in the West. Yes, it's amazing how my optimism for this ballclub can have its will sucked out by some goofy bald headed bastard, i.e. Buzzie's Baby Boy. You know it's sad but true.

In College Basketball news......

It's Championship Week. Do yourself a favor and watch as many conference tournament games as you can. That's my advice to you. I'm going to do it, and you should too.

Well, Washington is finally a tournament team in Joe Lunardi's Bracketology. It doesn't mean much, but Lunardi has UW as the #12 seed in the East region, going up against defending national champion #5 seed Syracuse.

At least ONE #12 seed wins in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. If Washington is a #12 seed, (yes, I think that's way too low of a seed for them) watch out. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play the Huskies right now.

But just watch the NCAA Tournament committee screw Washington, because they are a West Coast team. Well, if that's the case, then the Huskies might as well win the Pac-10 Tournament. I'm not a Huskies fan at all, but the UW's resurgence this year is one hell of a story.

It's only just begun, folks.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page