<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

NIGHTOWL 

Bob Finnigan has an article about some Griffey speculation, but nobody cares about that because Larry Stone has a candid peek inside the mind of Ken Griffey Jr. There's some happy, some mad, and some perplexity, as is always the case with Junior.

John Hickey has the P-I article, with a decent start from Freddy Garcia, a retirement from Norm Charlton, a great showing by Travis Blackley, and the fact that Bob Melvin has probably seen enough of both Ramon Santiago and Hiram Bocachica that he'll probably break camp with those guys. God help us all.

Larry LaRue brings us an in-depth look at George Sherrill, and his dieting habits. Sherrill had a bad ninth inning the other day, and considering that there's two older lefty hacks ahead of him on the depth chart, it's conceivable (though maybe a longshot this early) to think he may have punched his ticket out of Peoria sooner than planned. Sherrill apparently is 6-feet and 215 pounds, cutting down from 240. In all likelihood, my most fit stage of my life was as a ghastly lean 141-pound wrestler as a high school junior. It was kind of hard to cut weight and not be crazy about it. I had a teammate that could eat a Little Caesars meatzza (they're damn good) the night before a match and still manage to get to weight and have energy left for the match. Meanwhile, I was sitting back trying to eat rice and non-fried bland crap. Tasteless, and I had no energy left on the mat. It didn't matter anyway because I sucked at wrestling to begin with. Anyway, the bottom line is, don't spit into a bottle after you had orange juice and some vitamin C, because that's just way too much acid to be having in your stomach. I won't go further with the story, don't worry. Young and dumb, I was. Older and a little less dumb, I type before you now. By the way, Vision Quest may be one of the five worst movies ever made.

Lastly, I had posted earlier about my stadium-related cartography project. Now stored over at Sports and B's other stuff is the big-ass exported JPEG (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) of the project, which is the version I have saved as of two hours ago. The only real thing compromised by the Corel-to-JPEG transfer is the smooth gradient of the background fountain fill, which instead comes out as a few bands. Anyway, hope you like it. Century Gothic font reigns supreme.

[Edit ~5:15p -- Turns out the project isn't due until tomorrow. However, the prof suggested I cut down the scale bar even more and color the different balls/pucks, which I didn't think I could do originally, but it wasn't that hard. I just tweaked an ellipse, filled it with the appropriate color, and then buried it behind the unfilled stuff. Anyway, the new layout is linked, and I gave it its own page, because sometimes there's trouble if just the photo is linked itself. Geocities is screwy like that. Enjoy.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page