<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 02, 2004

TWO HEARTS... 

Believing in just one mind.

(I have to continue the Phil Collins theme here...he's only the coolest bald man in the fricking world you know!)

Anyways, another NFL season has ended without my team winning it all. Shocking.

Jim Nantz must have smoked too many Boomer Esiasons during the game if he thinks that Super Bowl XXXVIII was "the greatest game in history." Super Bowl XXXVIII isn't even close to the greatest game in history. "The greatest game in history" doesn't make me yell out loud, "I'm bored as hell", 5 times in the first half alone.

But all in all, an impressive showing by both the Patriots and Panthers...in the second half.

Hey M's brass: Adam Vinatieri is over 30 (he's 31 years old). He's also pretty clutch.

Sadly, John Kasay isn't so clutch. What happened to him? Did the Ghost of Tom Joad Flores creep into his mind before the out of bounds kickoff? Better yet, it could have been the Englishman streaker dance right before the second half kickoff. But Kasay is a good Christian boy, so expect the M's to sign him to a 3-year deal soon. He's a former Seattle player you know (a Seahawk, yes, but a former Seattle player nonetheless). Of course, this would be the Seattle way...get the good guys who aren't clutch. Yep, THAT'S MY SPORTS LIFE IN A FRICKING NUTSHELL.

Well, I was close. Mike Vrabel could have very well been the Super Bowl MVP last night. He had 6 tackles, 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and a touchdown (on offense!!!). I just threw Vrabel's name out there, in the "spirit" of former unlikely Super Bowl MVP's Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, and Ottis Anderson.

Halftime show/Lingerie Bowl...
I didn't see the Janet boob slip. I was too busy to notice it. And the Lingerie Bowl was a joke. I didn't order it, since I'm a smart guy. If I want to pay 20 bucks for lingerie, then I need to see it in front of me, not on my TV (I'm joking BTW, keep the sexist e-mails to a mininum). I'm, just being honest...I'm, just being honest.

Greg Gumbel sucks. Do I need to explain this further? And dammit, I wish Arkansas radio was better. I would have tried to pick up Westwood One just so I could listen to Marv Albert, but that wasn't to be. But hey, I got to hear Greg Gumbel's gibberish for 4 hours!!!

Great game, but not the greatest ever. BTW, "Boomer Esiasons" would be selling like hotcakes in the Cincinnati/Kentucky region. Reds fans are going to need a lot of Boomer Esiasons to get through another lackluster season in 2004. And it could help Ken Griffey, Jr. cure his injury fetish.....or not.

Football is over. Arena Football 2 in TWO MONTHS!!! Can't wait...

Actually, I can.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page