<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

COMPUTER CURE-ALLS FOR BASEBALL 

Most people reading our humble weblog would really like it sometimes if they could give their team or teams a mulligan or something, you know, start over. Unfortunately, the events happen in real time, and would only be reversible by stopping time and reversing it or entering a parallel dimension or something like that.

One way I wish we could do all of this...well, the inventor of it is retiring. We shall pay homage to him.

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a 21-gun salute to Mister David Bradley, the inventor of Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

In his own words...
"After having been the answer on final 'Jeopardy,' if I can be a clue in 'The New York Times' Sunday crossword puzzle, I will have met all my life's goals," Bradley said.

There's many sports instances in my lifetime where I wish I could have hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete. How about just last year, when Bob Melvin yanked a cruising Ryan Franklin late so Armando Benitez could throw a meatball to Raf Palmeiro? How about when the Sonics were down 3-0 in the NBA Finals to the Bulls? How about this entire offseason for the Mariners? How about Matt Hasselbeck audibling and throwing to Al Harris when the receiver ran 10 yards on an 8-yard hitch route?

The possibilities are endless.

[Edit ~5:59p: I am an absolute zoo today. First the Taiwan thing with the last post, and now I forgot the word "weblog" in the very first sentence. Of course, the first sentence makes or breaks a lot of things, and hopefully it didn't break this post too badly. This zoo-fest may be thanks to my getting ~2.5 hours' worth of 20-minutes-at-a-time sleep last night while I was outlining two geologic papers with somewhat dense language and made a 22-slide Powerpoint presentation out of the whole deal earlier today. I am pretty damn beat. Again, sorry to everyone who was messed up by my horrible wordage.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page