<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

WELCOME TO THE SYSTEM 

Yung-Chi Chen, welcome to the Seattle Mariners minor-league system. As a 20-year-old, you make me realize, at age 22, that I am getting old and you will probably make more money than me for the rest of your life. You're a shortstop. But you're no Miguel Tejada. Feel free to prove me wrong.

The last occurrence of Korean-ness in my life occurred when I last watched the second episode on the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume One DVD. The episode is called "Leprechaupolis" and there is an exchange between Flargon, the leader leprechaun, and a second leprechaun whose name I forgot. We'll call him "other leprechaun."

Flargon: "...you're not even Irish!"

Other Leprechaun: "Look, what I told you when I first saw you was that I wasn't from Ireland, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half-Korean."

Aqua Teen Hunger Force. 11:45 Sunday nights on the Cartoon Network.

[edit ~5:56p: Thanks to the other Jeff for pointing out the fact that I somehow glossed over the fact that Mr. Chen is TAIWANESE, and not Korean. Though I've been waiting to get that Aqua Teens line out for a while, it turns out it's completely unrelated to the rest of the post. Sorry.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page