<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 26, 2004

ROCKIN' THE SAFE TONIGHT 

David's right, we've always wanted to hijack the DJ booth at Safeco Field.

As far as Third Eye Blind goes, their only meaningful contribution to the music world was "Graduate".

Anyways, enough about mediocre bands. Here's my playlist that would be used at the Safe:

Iron Maiden "Aces High"
Who doesn't love Bruce Dickinson? High notes rule, it's simple as that.

Metallica "The Thing That Should Not Be"
I.E. the Mariners bench, which shouldn't be this crappy. But I digress.

Black Label Society "Life, Birth, Blood, Doom"
Respect Zakk Wylde.

Alice In Chains "Put You Down"
Everything you buy is for the jingle
Every time you lie it's all the same


And, the song that I would play when Sandfrog, I mean, Scott Spiezio comes up to bat...

Judas Priest "Metal Meltdown"
RESPECT THE HIGH NOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Songs that WILL NOT be played if I was the DJ at the Safe:

Baha Men "Who Let The Dogs Out?"

R. Kelly "I Believe I Can Fly" (I would play Chappelle's R. Kelly song, but it's not family-friendly)

Semisonic "Closing Time" (It's bad enough that Safeco has one Dan Wilson. Do we need another one, this one fronting the horrible band Semisonic?)

Garbage "Cherry Lips" (The M's DJ made a big mistake during the 2002 season when he abandoned "Zombie Nation" for a few games in order to play Shirley Manson's Bitches music)

Any Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Ruben Studdard, or Clay Aiken songs. And as sick and demented as I can be, I won't play the absolute piss job Keith from Atlanta did to "Like a Virgin".

A few things on Fan Fest:

Last year, I wasted 8 bucks on this crapfest. All to get an autographed Jeff Cirillo baseball. I would wash it off, but for "sentimental" reasons, I'll probably keep the headcase's name on it.

It's one thing to freeze your ass off when you're watching a game. But just to stand in line to get Julio Mateo's autograph? Come on.

Finally...

IF the Mariners sign Pudge Rodriguez, and that's a big IF, I promise I'll lay off the brass for a while. This is what we want, a big name signing/acquisition, right?

No slogans or wagons needed here....just sign him.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page