<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2004

TRADE? 

I have heard from sources about the trade rumors that the USS Mariner has mentioned concerning Jason Barker and Sports and B's. These may be arising due to my impending six-week field school that is coming in mid-June and will last until late July. Thus, that may be six weeks where I have no internet access and no links to the esteemed Mariner blogosphere. Any Jason Barker-related rumor would probably have to do with plugging the six-week-long void facilitated by what will probably be a horrendous geology field camp experience in the sticks of north central Oregon.

Here's what I've heard as to what may be going back-and-forth in a possible trade --

to USS Mariner: 2 Portland TrailBlazers "Rock the Garden" thundersticks, the remaining 11 coupons in my Papa Murphy's pizza coupon book, two dozen ice balls (to be shipped in a cooler) from the iced-over snow that's still on the ground in Ellensburg, canned air, and a conditional 5th-round draft pick in a draft that is yet to be determined

to Sports and B's: Jason Barker, 2 bags of Bold flavor Chex Mix

Again, I don't know who the source is, and I don't think there's too many people I've talked to about the status of my Papa Murphy's coupon book. To those wondering, I have a garlic chicken gourmet family-sized pizza sitting in the fridge right now. When you live alone, you buy a pizza on Friday and then try to make it last the whole weekend. This is especially easy with the huge Chicago-style pizzas they sell. Anyway, no word has come from Jeremy or I concerning such trade rumors. If they ever do, turn here or to USS Mariner for the official word.

By the way, I was half-asleep this morning with the TV on, flipping the channels when I saw a guy that looked a lot like Art Thiel. Turns out it was him, and he was on the TVW channel (that's the government channel for our Washington contigent) on the Author's Hour show promoting the Out of Left Field book with the two hosts. It was basically book rehash, except for the story where Thiel's plane back from Texas in 1995 took too long and after he touched down in Seattle, he was in a taxicab with a foreign driver on the way to the ballpark who had trouble complying with Thiel's request to turn on the radio for the M's/Angels one-game playoff. When the radio finally turned to the game, Thiel heard Rick Rizzitello screaming "EVERYBODY SCORES!!" as he lamented his P-I column for the next day.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page