<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 01, 2004

HIT 'EM UP 

Another month has ended, and once again, I am awestruck at the traffic we've gotten here at Sports and B's.

In the dead of January, we have seen the end of the Seahawk season, less Mariner moves, crappy Sonic losses so bad that I've nearly abandoned covering them altogether (Antonio Daniels had a great night last night though), and the Canucks starting to pick it up.

Big stories? Kazu Sasaki bolting was big. Jeff Cirillo was whisked away to San Diego. Ivan Rodriguez coming/not coming to Seattle was fairly big. Rich Aurilia signed with the Mariners. The Seahawks lost a big game in Green Bay, and were the better team playing that day.

Even though a decent amount of things happened, there's going to be even more to talk about in two weeks or so when spring training cranks up.

So when I look at the hit counters and see that we still got ~7900 raw hits for the month (~16% jump from December) and ~7040 on-page counter hits for January...well, I just get taken aback. More people are reading this thing?!!

Thanks to everyone who cares and everyone who reads our little piece of cyberspace. I hope you all have as much fun reading it as I do posting on it. It's therapeutic, in a way. The more readers we get, the more I get motivated to get better at this whole blogging thing. Yes, I am aiming to step it up here at Sports and B's as time goes on. We'll see how I do, though. Maybe I've reached my ceiling as a blogposter/blogwriter, who knows?

Here's to a great February and some good times for our favorite teams, and hopefully some questions we've posed are answered in a less infuriating way than in the last few months (Mariners inparticular, not necessarily the Rashard-or-Vlad Rad thing that we've haven't touched on much here, or whether Darrell Jackson or Walter Jones gets franchised next year).

Thanks to all of you, dear readers, for making this all worthwhile. You flatter us, you do.

[Edit ~8:27p -- This is just a point of reference for me...the on-page hit counter was at 17000. Resume your prior activities.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page