<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

CATCH-UP 

Okay, so I've kinda neglected the onset of high school winter sports over here.

But I did go to tonight's Gig Harbor/Bremerton wrestling match. I read that in the Bremerton Patriot that they had won their first match in what looked like fairly convincing fashion.

Tonight, the Knights won in convincing fashion, which as a former Knight wrestler myself, was refreshing to see. In a role-reversal of when I was on the team, the forfeit points (18) were going in Bremerton's favor, as it appeared they had a full lineup for the first time in quite a while. Throw in a couple of sub-30-second pins and wins in all the matches on the mat except two (to be clarified in the Sun tomorrow because I didn't bring a pencil and paper with me), and you get what was something like a 60-10 Knight victory over the Tides. Bremerton made quick work of GH, and a couple of iffy out-of-bounds calls in back-point situations cost the Knights a couple more pins. Great match by B-town.

Future North Carolina TarHeel Marvin Williams sat about ten feet to my left with a North Carolina beanie on. He's tall. CK plays at B-town tomorrow, and I may go see it, who knows. I should probably take this chance to see the B-town hardwood crew.

It was nice to take a few-hours break from the Mariner suckfest. The latest baseball news I uncovered was that Matt White was picked by Colorado in the Rule V draft. Good luck with that in the Mile High area...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page