<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I HATE THIS WORLD RIGHT NOW 

---Arnold is the California governor

---Every damn Fox promo for "Skin" and "The O.C."

---And of course, the Florida Marlins going to the World Series.

They don't have any fans and their ownership is terrible. Keep in mind that the Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria, is one of the big reasons why the Montreal Expos are in the rut that they are in today.

The thing is, I like this Marlins ballclub. They are young and exciting. But this is wrong. These loyal Chicago Cubs fans are getting the shaft once again. I watched the WGN postgame show for 5 minutes and had to turn it off, because I felt so damn bad for those people.

And one more thing: The Fox crew was pro-Marlins all the damn way. Why was former Marlin Al Leiter allowed to do commentary in the booth during the NLCS? I know he's a Met now, but man, the guy was just irritating as hell.

This is nitpicking here, but Thom Brenneman and Leiter's ties looked teal to me. I don't know about anybody else here, but if you are a NATIONAL TV announcer, you need to be impartial at all times. Yes, we know Miguel Cabrera is going to be a special player. Yes, we know that Josh Beckett is the second coming of Curt Schilling.

Three glorious words come to mind right now for me: Go Red Sox. Beat the Yankees in the Bronx tomorrow night and sweep the damn Marlins. Get it done.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page