<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

ROCK, PUCKS, AND LOVE IN THE ATL 

Morgan Rose, drummer of one of my favorite bands, Sevendust, has posted the following message on the web:

"The first week of October found me with one of the biggest emotional roller coaster rides in my life. On Oct. 5, my daughter turned 4 years old and I was in Charlotte, N. C. I would be returning home on the 6th. As I was leaving the show in N.C., I checked my messages to find out my friend Dan Snyder, who had been fighting for his life in Atlanta after being in a car accident a week earlier, had passed away unexpectedly. Things had been looking up in his recovery, and just like that, he was gone. He was an unbelievable man. He was to play with the Atlanta Thrashers this year. Having defied odds his whole life to become a player in the National Hockey League. I, as well as many others, will miss him dearly. Also in the crash was another friend of mine, Danny Heatley, who will face the emotional, as well as physical, fight of his life, having lost a close friend and teammate. I will give him any support I can. My friend Joey gave me Snydes' Jersey that he wore all last year and now I keep it with me everywhere I go, to have a piece of him near me at all times.

"As most of you know, this band has lost too many friends and family members over the last year, but as we have done before, we will help each other through this. Dan was just 25 years old. Two days later, our 4th album was released and we happened to be playing in Atlanta. The show was awesome. Our Atlanta friends giving us the crazy support we've now gotten accustomed to. We dedicated 'Angel's Son' to Dan Snyder and Danny Heatley. It was a beautiful tribute. After playing S.C. the next night, we returned home to relax with our families and refuel. Now we are back on the road until Thanksgiving. We are thankful for having what we have, which is the greatest families and friends, the best support teams around us, and most of all, life, which is so precious. It should never be taken for granted. We thank everyone for their incredible loyalty to this band and so look forward to seeing everyone soon. In closing, I would like to ask everyone of you to say a prayer for the Snyder and Heatley families, for their journey through life will be incredibly tough. God Bless You All."

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page