<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

MARVIN GOIN' TO THE DIRTY SOUTH 

AP Photo/Kathy Willens

The ATL just got a little better in my eyes tonight.

Bremerton's Marvin Williams was selected by the Atlanta Hawks as the #2 pick overall in the 2005 NBA Draft tonight. Williams, a native of my former hometown of Bremerton, Washington, played one year at North Carolina, averaging 11.6 ppg and 6.6 reb/game in a reserve role for the national champion Tar Heels.

For selfish reasons, I wanted Marvin to go to Portland. But now that he's an Atlanta Hawk, I'm alright with life. The Hawks are going to be a fun team to watch next season with Marvin, Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and second-round draft pick Salim Stoudamire. They may just rival the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers as the most exciting team to play in the Philips Arena.

If I lived in the Atlanta area, I'd buy some sort of ticket plan to watch the Hawks in person next season. I wouldn't have the dough to buy a season ticket plan. But a mini-plan would do. There's no excuse for Atlanta fans not to watch this team next year. At least get the attendance over 10,000, okay?

Once I transfer to Arkansas State in August, I'll be just over an hour away from Memphis. Let's just say that I'm already thinking about going to the FedEx Forum to watch the Hawks play the Grizzlies next season. Hopefully the timing will be right.

It's just too bad that the Hawks games are no longer on TBS. Dammit.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page