<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

FREE RAMBLE, BLACK GOLD 

The Mariners are 5-1 on their current homestand.

Celebrate!

---Chris Berman should just stick to the NFL. I don't care for him hogging the sets at the Stanley Cup Finals, the World Series, and this weekend, the U.S. Open. What's next, the X-Games? Not that I watch the X-Games, of course.

---Thank you, Robert Horry. Finally, some drama in the NBA Finals.

---Think about this: Robert Horry could win his 6th NBA title on Tuesday night. Role player with championship rings or superstar with no rings? Which role would you choose if you were a professional athlete? Since my athletic skill level wasn't quite superstar-esque, I'd be a role player. That doesn't mean that just because you don't win a championship, you aren't a great player. Tony Womack has a World Series ring, but Ryne Sandberg doesn't. That's just one example.

---I don't like long walks on the beach because I hate sand.

---If I ever host a sports radio show in Arkansas, I will not talk about junior high football.

---Speaking of sports radio, I wonder what the New York sports radio stations are going to be like Monday afternoon. Step right up and sweep the Mets!

---In what should come as no big surprise, the concert market in Arkansas is awful this summer. Thank God I'll be closer to Memphis soon.

---I'd love to go back up to Washington this summer. It's just not in the cards.

---Giants reliever LaTroy Hawkins is on the DL with an irritated nerve in his right elbow. But hey, he can do a journalist's job just as well as the real ones can. Of course, some of the journalists out there can get three outs in the 9th inning as well.

---It's a damn shame that Mike Cameron couldn't play in Safeco Field this weekend.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I hate to end this post on a sad note, but I just came across this sad news.

Soul Asylum bassist Karl Mueller has died at the age of 41 of throat cancer. He was diagnosed with throat cancer 13 months ago. Just a sad deal all the way around. Soul Asylum was definitely one of the more underrated bands of the 1990s, no doubt about it.

RIP, Karl.

Have a good week, everybody.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page