<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 17, 2005

FREE RAMBLE, SCREWED EDITION 

I don't have shoulder bursitis.

But I'm sure a few of you do after watching the Jessica Simpson "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" video (see post below).

If Felix Hernandez is seriously hurt... I seriously don't want to think about that.

It's time for me to ramble. Hooray.

---I should care about the NBA Finals. After all, I'm a sports fan. But there's no way I can give praise to a series that hasn't had a single ounce of competitiveness in it. The first four games of the series? All four of them were blowouts. Now, I'm not going to knock the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs. They earned the right to get to the NBA Finals. However, that doesn't mean that I have to like this series. Don't try to force this series down my throat, ESPN and ABC.

---The NBA better be careful. I wouldn't be so sure that if a lockout takes place, the fans would come back when a deal would be reached. Obviously, this is a different situation than the NHL Lockout. But make no mistake about it, there are a few fans in this country who don't give a damn about the NBA right now.

I'll have more on my thoughts on a possible NBA Lockout soon. Believe me, there's plenty for me to say about this issue.

---If we don't have the NHL and NBA this fall, I may talk about Arkansas State athletics a lot more here at Sports And Bremertonians. I hope it doesn't come to that, however. Not because I don't like talking about ASU, because I definitely do. I just don't think the majority of our readers give a rat's ass about Arkansas State. To most of our readers, Arkansas State is just a school that has a very low rating on the EA Sports NCAA Football game. That's a fact, by the way.

---When I listen to "The Worm" by Audioslave, I just want to scream "HALO!" at any random person who comes in contact with me. I don't have the voice of Chris Cornell, but who does? "The Worm" pumps me up.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALO!

---If you haven't picked up Phil Steele's College Football Preview issue yet, you should. It's 328 pages long and features writeups on every Division 1-A team. Yes, even Arkansas State. You can receive a free NFL Preview issue from Steele if you buy the college football preview issue. Free! I'm ashamed of myself that I didn't read Steele's preview magazine before this year. Since I was so impressed by Steele's college football preview magazine, I'm not buying another college football preview magazine this year. Hell, if I really want the obligatory cheerleader photos, I know where to look for them. Heh.

---Queensryche has signed with Rhino Records. I really hope that Geoff Tate isn't forced to do a 1990s pop songs infomercial. It's bad enough when I see Roger Daltrey hawking 1970s rock CDs on an infomercial at 4 a.m. I don't want to see Tate fall into that same trap.

---If you asked me right now who fits the role of the "New Millennium Rock Star", I'd have to say Dave Grohl, with Queens Of The Stone Age lead singer Josh Homme coming in a close second. In related news, "The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret" is in my Top 10 list of songs released since 2000. That would be a great title for a blog. Don't tell anyone.

---QOTSA News: Here's the new video for "In My Head". It's the 2nd best video I've seen this year. See the post below once again for my #1 video of 2005 (so far).

---The Nine Inch Nails/Queens Of The Stone Age tour needs to hit Memphis. Nashville has a date lined up, but I'd prefer Memphis. Memphis is a shorter trip from Jonesboro. When I'm up in Jonesboro this fall, I'm going to turn some people on to QOTSA. Here in Arkansas, there aren't a lot of QOTSA fans. Good music is a terrible thing to ignore, people.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

To close this edition of Free Ramble, note to the Mariners:

If you're going to play 13 innings, win the damn game, alright? Thanks.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page