<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

WEEK 17 PICK ME UP 

Since it is another holiday weekend, I'm going to do the Pick Me Up today.

Last week, I was 10-6.

For the 2004 season, I'm 151-88 (.632 winning percentage). I did miss the first game of the season, Indianapolis-New England, but only because I didn't start the Pick Me Up until the day after that game. But I digress.

This is the final week of the 2004 regular season. We know that the Seahawks are in the playoffs already. But what will happen to other teams, such as Buffalo, Denver, Jacksonville, Carolina, Minnesota, and New Orleans?

Every game this week will be on Sunday. There is no Monday Night Football game this week. So we have 16 games on Sunday. Good times.

Here they are, my Week 17 picks:

WEEK 17
SUNDAY, JANUARY 2
EARLY GAMES


Miami at Baltimore
(Jim Bates deserves a chance to be a permanent head coach in the NFL)

Pittsburgh at Buffalo
(The Bills deserve to finish 10-6. Ben Roethlisberger will likely miss Sunday's game.)

New Orleans at Carolina (FOX, televised in Arkansas)
(UPSET OF THE WEEK!!! You know what, let's go nuts here. I'm taking the Saints. It's not like I'm putting money on this. I get this one right, I get it right. If I don't, I don't. I just have a feeling that the Saints steal this one in Charlotte.)

Green Bay at Chicago
(The Bears beat the Packers at Lambeau Field in Week 2. They won't be so lucky this week.)

Cleveland at Houston
(The Texans would finish 8-8 with a win over the Browns)

San Francisco at New England
(LOCK OF THE WEEK. Do I need to explain why?)

Cincinnati at Philadelphia
(Donovan McNabb may just take one snap)

New York Jets at St. Louis (CBS, televised in Arkansas)
(The Jets aren't in the playoffs yet. For their sake, they need this game. The Rams have no business being a .500 club. And if the Jets win in St. Louis on Sunday, I may just end the "Blow Up The Meadowlands" campaign.)

Detroit at Tennessee
(If the Lions can find a quarterback, they could be a team to watch in 2005)

Minnesota at Washington
(This one will come down to the wire, but I think the Vikings pull this one out)

LATE GAMES

Tampa Bay at Arizona
(Arizona is in the same boat as Detroit IMO)

Atlanta at Seattle
(The Seahawks should finish 9-7. Need I say more?)

Indianapolis at Denver
(The Broncos have no business being in the playoffs. Cut that meat!)

Jacksonville at Oakland
(Way to show up last week, Jaguars)

Kansas City at San Diego
(Marty Schottenheimer, Coach of the Year)

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Dallas at New York Giants
(YAWN)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

So what would the playoff matchups look like if everything went according to this week's Pick Me Up?

AFC scenarios
NFC scenarios

AFC (AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE)
Pittsburgh (14-2, AFC North champs, homefield advantage)
New England (14-2, AFC East champs, first-round bye)
Indianapolis (13-3, AFC South champs)
San Diego (12-4, AFC West champs)
New York Jets (11-5, Wild Card)
Buffalo (10-6, Wild Card)

Wild Card Round: BUF at IND, NYJ at SD

NFC (NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE)
Philadelphia (14-2, NFC East champs, homefield advantage)
Atlanta (11-5, NFC South champs, first-round bye)
Green Bay (10-6, NFC North champs)
SEATTLE (9-7, NFC West champs)
Minnesota (9-7, Wild Card)
New Orleans (8-8, Wild Card)

Wild Card Round: NO at GB, MIN at SEA

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Enjoy the games, everyone.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page