<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 27, 2004

AND THE EAGLES LAY DOWN... 

Believe me, it could be worse for Seahawks fans.

We could be feeling like we did on January 7, 2002 when Spurgeon Wynn made an ass out of himself in Baltimore when he started at quarterback for the Vikings.

I keep telling myself while watching the Eagles-Rams game, "at least the 'Hawks have clinched a playoff spot". But you know what? I want more.

Screw just clinching a playoff spot.

I want the NFC West title and a home playoff game. I also want the Super Bowl, of course. But a home playoff game would be very nice. Qwest Field needs a playoff game. Downtown Seattle would be rocking. If only I could go up there to see that.

If the Philadelphia Eagles showed some integrity tonight, they would have beat the St. Louis Rams tonight. But they are worried about their key players getting hurt, such as Donovan McNabb. My feeling on this is that this is football. Players get hurt. The game doesn't change from Week 1 to Week 16. Imagine being Al Michaels and John Madden for a minute. They expected to travel to St. Louis tonight to see a competitive football game, which turned out to be a preseason game that usually would take place the week before the season starts. This game doesn't deserve to be called by Michaels and Madden. This is a game made for hacks like Ron Pitts.

For the playoff scenarios, click here. Of course, those scenarios only involve the Seahawks winning the NFC West.

So we will have to wait until Sunday to figure out what will happen.

As for Sunday's schedule, the Rams host the New York Jets at 10 a.m. Pacific, Noon Central. I should get this game on my CBS affiliate, so I'll be flipping back and forth between that game and the Saints-Panthers, which will be on my FOX affiliate.

I'm not even going to bother rooting for the Jets to win on Sunday. We can only hope that Chad Pennington can shut up the New York media for just one week and win a game that will be considered a "big game" for the Jets, since they still have to clinch a playoff berth. All that I'm worried about is the Seahawks beating the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons will start Michael Vick on Sunday, but don't expect him to play that much. I believe the Seahawks will win this game on Sunday, regardless of Vick's status. It's at Qwest Field and I have to believe that they don't want to finish 8-8. Finishing 9-7 is much better than finishing 8-8, no matter what anybody says.

Again, it's pretty simple:

Seahawks beat the Falcons = Seahawks win the NFC West

Rams lose to the Jets = Seahawks win the NFC West

Seahawks lose, Rams lose = Seahawks win the NFC West

Seahawks lose, Rams win = Rams win the NFC West (Rams own head-to-head tiebreaker)


After watching tonight's game, I hope this strategy comes back to haunt the Eagles in the playoffs. And dare I say it, the Seahawks could very well travel to Philadelphia to play the Eagles in the divisional round, should the Seahawks win their first-round playoff game.

Basically, just give me a Seahawks victory on Sunday and we'll go from there.

WHY NOT THE SEAHAWKS?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page