<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

TIMEWASTERS 

Let me pass along three things that have the closest thing to an endorsement I could give out.

-- Paul at NGF3 used to link this, but it disappeared from his sidebar during his WordPress renaissance. The link in question? The Greatest Internet Sports Games of All Time, of course. Paul will be glad to know that Blast Billiards probably took somewhere near 100 hours of time away from my schoolwork as a college senior. I graduated anyway. That's called getting things done and still living life. You rule, Paul. [Edit ~12:17p -- The link has since been added to NGF3. Yippee!! Games for everyone!! The assault on productivity continues!!]

-- My favorite game here (WARNING: there's an F-word on that page, if you need that work-safe caveat) is probably Stack Trace, where you have to click on overlapping sticks until you get to the bottom of the pile. Another favorite of mine is Primetime because I was a math geek in a past life and it has to do with prime numbers. However, reading the description for the Lagland game leads me to believe it may be one of the most evil games ever invented, though not half as evil as many of the ones here or the game I posted here last week.

-- Lastly, I've been using the Trillian chat software/hybrid messenger thing for about three years now. It handles my MSN/AOL/Yahoo contact lists all at once, and I can pull stuff from past conversations. I used to do this when I was bored and felt like posting something, and some of the Mariner-blasting conversations between Jeremy and I made it into blogspace.

But what really sets the new Trillian Basic 3.0 apart? The mouse-over Wikipedia capabilities. Seriously, you can probably get into any chat with any random person who might know a ton more than you, and you could probably hold your own in the conversation. It's amazing.

Observe a screen grab from an inane conversation about childhood TV shows I was having with Jeremy...

Trillian is freakin' nuts

Mouse over the dotted-lined words or phrases, and you get a line or two for a description, and a paragraph if you're lucky. It's mind-blowing, really.

Links to all of the above are under Miscellaneous Links on the sidebar for future reference.

Enjoy some, none, or all of those. I'm doing the latter.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page