<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 03, 2004

WEEK 13 PICK ME UP 

How about that? Another good week for the Pick Me Up. I was 12-4 last week. But I bombed big time on my upset pick, the New York Football Giants. Oh well.

Anyways, here are my Week 12 picks, brought to you by the letter 2.

WEEK 13
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5
EARLY GAMES


Cincinnati at Baltimore
(After scoring 58 points against the Browns last week, the Bengals are due for a letdown. Carson Palmer, meet the Ravens defense.)

Minnesota at Chicago
(Everybody get your roll on, everybody get your roll on, what?)

New England at Cleveland
(A week of turmoil for the Browns and they have to face the Pats)

Arizona at Detroit
(Denny Green may have to give Sean Salisbury a call soon to play quarterback. Let's hope this happens so we don't have to hear Salisbury on ESPN.)

Tennessee at Indianapolis
(CUT THAT MEAT!)

Buffalo at Miami
(The Bills are a solid team. Too bad that they won't make the AFC playoffs.)

Carolina at New Orleans
(Not only should Jim Haslett leave New Orleans, Aaron Brooks has to go as well)

Houston at New York Jets
(UPSET OF THE WEEK. The Jets blow another big game at home.)

San Francisco at St. Louis
(I wish I could bash the Rams. But I look back at Oct. 10 and Nov. 14.)

Atlanta at Tampa Bay
(The Falcons are due to lose a game and the Bucs are playing well)

LATE GAMES

Kansas City at Oakland
(The Chiefs played well last week against the Chargers, but couldn't pull it out. On other side, great win by the Raiders in Denver.)

Denver at San Diego
(The Chargers, AFC West Champions? Well, they did win the AFC West in my ESPN NFL 2K5 franchise mode.)

Green Bay at Philadelphia
(LOCK OF THE WEEK. Why in the hell am I calling this game a lock? Simple. The Eagles will force Brett Favre to throw 3 interceptions. And the game is in Philly.)

New York Giants at Washington
(If you look at the Giants schedule, it's very possible for them to not win another game this season.)

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville
(Sunday night game in Jacksonville, I have to take the Jags here.)

MONDAY, DECEMBER 6
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL


Dallas at Seattle
(The Seahawks have to win on Monday night. If they can't get up for a Monday Night Football game in their own stadium, they don't deserve to be a playoff team. But I do know for a fact that Shaun Alexander loves to play in prime time. I just have a feeling he's going to have a big game after last week's dismal performance.

And one important note: Vinny Testaverde isn't in the Meadowlands anymore. No, I'm not going to post the infamous pic of his "touchdown". I may post it again sometime this weekend, who knows.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

If you read last week's Pick Me Up, remember what I said about the Bills-Seahawks game?

Buffalo at Seattle
(Be afraid, be very afraid)


I knew that the Bills weren't going to come to Seattle and lay down. They were going to score some points. After all, they do have Willis McGahee in their backfield. But did I think they would score 38 points? In Seattle? Well, they sure did.

I've been a Bill Simmons fan since his days as the "Boston Sports Guy". And after reading his NFL picks today, there's a reason why I'm still a fan.

The 6-5 Seahawks are leading the West by one game. They have lost five of their last eight. They lost to a 4-6 Bills team at home last week by 29 points. They have Jerry Rice starting at WR, wearing Steve Largent's number and running fly patterns with a pitchfork sticking out his back. They are being routinely outscored on Sundays by Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen and even Vlad Radmanovic. On the bright side, it's only Year 6 of Mike Holmgren's five-year plan.

Read that last sentence.

On the bright side, it's only Year 6 of Mike Holmgren's five-year plan.

I want to believe in Holmgren. I really do. However, if the Seahawks don't win a playoff game or (gasp) miss the playoffs altogether, he deserves to be fired. 6 years is a long time, folks. His first season in Seattle was the first half of my senior year of high school. I know, it doesn't seem like a long time ago, but it was.

Enjoy the games this weekend, everybody.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page