<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

TIMEKILL 

I was at Best Buy and decided I'd take my hacks at Madden NFL 2005 on the PS2, having never played it before.

It was already set on 5-minute quarters, so that was good. I went to "play now" and took the Seahawks against the Atlanta Falcons on the road. I won 33-31, with the Falcons scoring a touchdown on the last play of the game. I would have had 35 points for the Seahawks had I gotten a hang of the placekicking sooner.

The realism was pretty good, however...
-- Josh Brown kicked out of bounds twice
-- Matt Hasselbeck was picked three times in the first half, once inside the red zone

But the parts where Hasselbeck threw for 484 yards and Koren Robinson had about 280 receiving yards were very unreal.

Holding true with how I usually do in video football games, I couldn't run the ball for crap. Shaun Alexander ran for 20 yards or something.

I guess now I know what inspires Mike Holmgren...it's Madden NFL 2005.

I'm not sure if the Falcons are armed with the West Coast Offense in the game, but when I was controlling the Seahawk defense, I went with Quarters >> Fire Blitz on 1st down, Quarters >> Cover 3 on 2nd down, and any of the nickel plays on 3rd down. It seemed to work, anyway.

Back to watching the Sonics...

[Add ~7:57p -- In a Yahoo search for "seattle skanks for photo," Sports and B's was the first link. I'm not sure what to think about this.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page