<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

FREE RAMBLE, SEASON'S GREETINGS! 

No, I don't plan on talking about Jamey Wright, I mean, Jaret Wright.

You're probably wondering why I'm not talking about the Mariners offseason rumor mill here lately. Well, it's pretty simple: it will most likely end up to be a waste of my time. See last winter. I hope I'm wrong, but there is a track record. And in most cases, the track record usually doesn't lie.

Anyways, I'm free and I like to ramble. Isn't that always the case?

---For all you old-school WWF fans out there (it's still the WWF to me, dammit!), check this out. "OH MY GOD, IT'S..........PAUL BEARER!!! OH WHAT A MOMENT! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION, I LOVE IT!!!"

---The last championship event to be held in Safeco Field was Wrestlemania XIX. I should know, I was there. Wait, it was the ONLY championship event to be held in Safeco Field, what the hell am I talking about?

---ECW! ECW! ECW!

---OK, enough of the wrestling talk. I haven't really paid too much attention to wrestling since Wrestlemania XIX anyway.

---Back to the news that our readers care about: Anna Benson is the definition of an attention whore (thanks to Mike Thompson for the link). Mrs. Benson was on the "Howard Stern Show" and if you know anything about her, well, these comments shouldn't be any surprise to you.

"I told him [Kris] — because that's the biggest thing in athletics, they cheat all the time — I told him, cheat on me all you want. If you get caught, I'm going to s- - -w everybody on your entire team — coaches, trainers, players. I would do everybody on his whole team." (that's not my editing, it's the NY Post's editing)

I'D LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL! HOW ABOUT AN E? GREAT, I'D LIKE TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE!

"If you get caught, I'm going to (screw) everybody on your entire team"?

Step right up and Meet the Mets, indeed.

But this is the total kicker for me.

"I take total care of him," Anna continued, taking credit for the negotiations for Benson's most recent contract that guarantees him $22.5 million over three years, with an option for 2008 that would push the total package to $29.5 million.

"I helped with negotiations . . . I went back and forth a lot with that. He didn't even have anything to do with that. I did that deal . . . I laid out a lot of the terms."


Fred Wilpon just had a stroke.

---To follow up on David's Madden 2005 post from last night, I've played ESPN NFL 2K5 since the day I got it back in July. I haven't played Madden 2005 yet, although with EA Sports lowering the price to $29.95, I'll probably check it out soon enough. But going back to ESPN NFL 2K5, there's something that I need to get off my chest here.

Why is that Shaun Alexander can run to the right side and pick up very good yardage yet when he runs to the left side, he can't get jackcrap? Anybody who knows football knows that the Seahawks left side of the offensive line is one of the best (Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson). Maybe this will get fixed for next year's game. That's if Alexander stays in Seattle, however. (RE-SIGN SHAUN!)

---Not even Nicole Eggert can get me to watch "The Real Gilligan's Island". What's next, "The Real All In The Family"?

---More from Page Six: Motley Crue will reunite on Dec. 6 in front of the Whiskey A-Go-Go in Hollywood. I already knew about that, but what's really mind-boggling is that VH1 will cover the announcement live. Well, if that means that "Hillary Duff Rules The World" is pre-empted, then that's fine by me, I guess.

---The more important event on Dec. 6 is "Monday Night Football" between the Cowboys and Seahawks. Right now, the Seahawks could probably let 53-year old Mick Mars run for 75 yards and a touchdown the way things are going. It would be topped off by the Vince Neil chicken dance in the end zone.

---The Crue's first two albums, "Too Fast For Love" and "Shout At The Devil", are two of the best rock albums of the 1980s. I will not debate this.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Breaking news, ESPN's Jayson Stark is reporting that the Mariners have reached an agreement with IF Rex Hudler. Stark also reports that when Hudler isn't playing, he will work with Rick Rizzs in the Mariner broadcasting booth, creating the most insufferable broadcasting twosome since Ken Harrelson and Darrin Jackson.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page