<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

HARD TO EXPLAIN 

I just saw the Sonics get called for illegal defense in the first quarter against the Jazz. These days, illegal defense is penalized via one free throw and possession. This of course reminded me of the good ol' days of the George Karl era, where the team would get called for illegal defense left and right. It seems like every time I'd read the boxscore in the paper, under technical fouls you would always see "Seattle illegal defense 2," the number meaning however many times above the warning they were tagged for the penalty.

That said, I'd have to rank the three hardest-to-explain penalties in sports as this...

1) NBA illegal defense
2) MLB infield fly rule
3) NHL icing

Also, I'm flipping back and forth between the Sonics and the North Carolina game, and I have to say that I didn't see the play that facilitated Marvin Williams needing stitches on and around his eyelid. More on that later.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page