<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, DUH DUH DUH DUH... 

I was at Seahawks Stadium two years ago when Terrell Owens pulled out his Sharpie.

Two years later, I'm in Arkansas and will be watching the Cowboys-Seahawks on my local ABC affiliate. Hopefully they won't pre-empt the coverage and break in with the news of the Razorbacks firing their groundskeeper. I don't see that happening, however.

Of course, I'll be studying for finals as well while I'm watching the game. Priorities, you know. Which reminds me, I may not have a postgame post until tomorrow, because of studying and other circumstances. Nevertheless, I will definitely have a post after the game. Whether that is tonight or tomorrow remains to be seen.

As for the game itself, the Seahawks can't just depend on Shaun Alexander tonight. The receivers must catch the damn ball. That means you, Darrell Jackson. The Cowboys secondary is not that good. They are also a team that thinks they still have a chance to make it to the playoffs. The Seahawks have a chance to end those hopes tonight with a win.

"Monday Night Football" is special. While the ratings are down, there are still plenty of people across America who watch "Monday Night Football". Needless to say, the Seahawks can't afford to lose tonight to the Cowboys. This game means much more than staying on top of the NFC West. If the Seahawks lose tonight, there's a chance they won't have any primetime games at all next season. Don't laugh, that's a real possibility. After all, we're talking about the Seattle Seahawks here, the most disrespected franchise in the NFL.

Of course, the Seahawks haven't done too much this season to change that perception. Win tonight and play strong for the rest of the season and the perception will change, I guarantee it.

If anything, I need a Seahawks win, to shut up the Cowboy lovers down here. Arkansas is Cowboys Country. After tonight, I just want to say "how bout' them Cowboys?" in a sarcastic manner. I was able to say it after I saw the Seahawks beat the Cowboys at Husky Stadium in 2001, and I want to say it again.

8 p.m. can't come soon enough...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page