Wednesday, September 01, 2004
TV Guide needs to find some editors that aren't stuck in 2003. Check out these gems:
Mariners vs White Sox, Saturday 6 p.m. WGN
"Besides famous DHs, the Mariners possess unheralded outfielders in Mike Cameron (a former Sox prospect who homered 4 times at Comiskey last April) and Magglio Ordonez, as well as shakier-than-expected closers in Kaz Sasaki and Billy Koch."
1. Mike Cameron doesn't play for the Mariners anymore.
2. Same with Kaz Sasaki. Billy Koch is now with the Marlins.
3. Cameron had his 4 HR night on May 2, 2002, not in April 2002.
4. Magglio Ordonez is out for the season.
Here's the second and final gem:
Red Sox vs Athletics, Wednesday 9 p.m. ESPN
"The Yankees, Mariners, Red Sox, and A's all know it---no matter how many games they win, one of them isn't playing October baseball.
After wrapping up a monster four-game set in Oakland this afternoon, Grady Little's squad is off to Seattle for the weekend. The Sox can certainly match Miguel Tejada and Oakland in the clutch-hitting department..."
1. Well, the Mariners definitely aren't playing in the postseason this season.
2. Out of those 4 teams in 2003, guess who didn't make the postseason?
3. Boston is in Oakland Monday-Wednesday, then travels to Seattle for a four-game series with the M's.
4. Miguel Tejada is now an Oriole.
Hey, maybe I should apply for a job with TV Guide Online. At least I know how to do research. But somehow I don't think they'll be calling me anytime soon.