<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

SEE RED 

You know, I heard Tom Glasgow on the corporate Mariner postgame show last night (ChainCast KJR player was giving me problems) and he made me wonder how dumb Major League Baseball is.

Originally, MLB had scheduled the return of Ken Griffey, Jr. to Seattle, as Jeremy chronicled last November.

But evidently the MLB brass thought it would be better to have another installment in the heated battle of Ohio (notice I didn't capitalize "battle" because it's just not worthy of capitalization) rather than have possibly the single most important athlete in Seattle sports history return to the city he helped captivate for a decade. Also, they didn't want to tick off the Cleveland Indians, who I guess requested this.

But like Tom asked last night, what would be better for baseball? Some series between a lower-tier Cleveland team and an upstart Cincy team, or Ken Griffey Jr. coming back to the city in which he grew up as an athlete?

Come on, MLB. You know that when Alex came back to Seattle, there certainly were some ratings involved in that. Everyone was talking about it. If Junior came back to the northwest, it'd be the same thing.

I know one thing for sure. I won't be talking about the Cleveland/Cincinnati series as much as I'd talk about Griffey's return, and I think baseball fans would pretty much agree with me on that.

So yeah, we could be seeing Junior and the Reds this weekend, but we're left with...the Montreal Expos, a "double-A team," in Glasgow's words.

Yay.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page