<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 26, 2004

GET BENT 

Hello, all. It is good to have the chance to blog once again, this time from the spacious public library in Bend, Oregon.

And yes, it looks like a lot of crap has gone on since I left, and I don't know if it's overzealousness or what, but I went straight to Sports and B's as soon as I got on the 'puter here to update myself and see how everything's going. You're doing a great job, Jeremy.

Field camp...well, I'm getting a solid C as of right now, and I don't know which way that's gonig to go after they grade the crap I turned in last night. It's hard to really concentrate and make sure everything is right on the maps/explanations when you're getting the carrot of "day off tomorrow" dangled in front of your face.

Field camp is pretty blazing. It can get hot outside. Luckily, if you have one of those 3-liter Camelbak-type of things, you'll be hydrated. Of course, you will also be carrying the weight of three liters of water along with the rest of your stuff. Oh yeah, I lost my rock hammer in the field yesterday. It will be missed, but not really that much.

There is nothing in Mitchell, Oregon. Bend is a little different, but if you happened to copy some main streets out of a phone book at night and then try to find some sports bars around 11pm and don't know where the hell you're going, well, you end up driving around for a while. For the record, I slept in my car at a corner of a movie theater parking lot on 27th Street. Then I got a map and located those bars, once of which I'll try to head to right now and hope there's a game on Fox or something. There's a place called Cheerleaders on 3rd and there's a place called Bleachers, but it's inside the Lava Lanes on the south flank of Pilot Butte. I'll let you know how that goes. So, Fox game right now, Mariner game tonight. Hope that goes all right.

Maybe I'll even get around to doing my laundry over here.

Getting back into field camp around 11:30 tonight? Why the hell not? I haven't seen a TV since I left home, and this is the first time I've gotten to a computer since I got home.

I've used almost the whole hour of temporary internet time here at the library, so I'd better head off. Unfortunately, I spent most of the time blowing junk mail out of my accounts and reading the very blog you're reading right now. This of course means I'm going through "other blogs" withdrawal. Sad. Maybe next week.

I hope y'all are doing fine out there. Whether I'm doing fine over this six-week span will depend solely on my final grade.

Oh, by the way, late at night back at camp, you can get KJR fading in and out of the airwaves, and that's the only reason I know this...

No, the Mariners did NOT get Carlos Beltran, and YES, a division rival just got stronger. Artie Rhodes just couldn't get it done.

Seeya in a week, y'all. Of course, I won't be back permanently for another month or so, and that time can't pass soon enough.

Cheers...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page