<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

YOU KNOW IT! 

I could be sitting on my ass doing nothing today. But what the hell, I figured I'd make a trip to the local library to do this post. Why? Because dammit, I think some of you miss my posts. So here I am once again, Every Other Day Jeremy.

I got some notes, notes, and notes...

---Andy Roddick is ousted at the French Open. Poor guy. He loses Mandy Moore AND is ousted in the second round of the French Open. Oh what do I care? It's tennis and he'll recover in no time. Ashlee Simpson is available, Andy.

---As previously reported in the blogosphere, the Seattle Mariners are a boring team. I bring this up because I was watching part of the Oakland-Boston game last night on ESPN2 (during the intermission reports of Game 1 Flames/Lightning). The Red Sox are just a fun team. You can hate their stupid curse. You can hate some of their fans. But man, I tell ya, guys like David Ortiz are just fun to watch. Name one Mariner that you could describe as "fun". Eddie Guardado maybe, but he only gets to pitch once every 10 days. It just seems like it anyway.

The point being, THIS TEAM IS BORING AS HELL. Hell, the most excitement I have seen out of this team all season was last night when Raul Ibanez clapped his hands as he ran out of the box in the 12th inning when he drove in Randy Winn. What did I do? I did the sarcastic 80's clap. Clap...clap...clap!

---The Calgary Flames just took it to the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Lightning are a good club, but for the good of hockey, the Cup needs to head up North.

Jarome Iginla is just doing what David and I have known for a while. HE'S DAMN GOOD. Iginla is a fun player to watch, no doubt about it. Just imagine if the Flames would have dealt him a few years ago. Oh, and those people who still like to consider Peter Forsberg as the best player in the world can shove it. Jarome Iginla is the best player in the world. I will not argue this.

---WHAT IN THE HELL IS CHRIS BERMAN DOING AT THE STANLEY CUP FINALS AGAIN?

---Former Ottawa Senators coach Jacques Martin is the new head coach of the Florida Panthers. Good move for the Panthers. However, hiring Mike Keenan as the general manager is not a good move at all. Keenan is scum. Why is he still able to be employed in the National Hockey League? I wouldn't hire him as my janitor, much less as a general manager. When you win, you lose. That's the deal here in South Florida.

---Tonight is the NBA Draft Lottery, which should be much more interesting than the Eastern Conference Finals, which resumes tonight in Detroit. I remember the NBA Draft Lottery as an event that I would never miss out on growing up. Every season, on a late May sunday afternoon, NBC would air the lottery at halftime of one of the games. Good times indeed.

For the first time in the 20-year history of the draft lottery, Portland and Utah will take part. That's simply unbelievable if you think about it. One thing that is for sure is that the expansion Charlotte Bobcats will have the 4th pick overall. The Sonics have a 0.9 chance of winning the lottery and the Blazers are at 0.6.

This year's draft has 94 early entry candidates, which does not include Bremerton's Marvin Williams. He decided to go to Chapel Hill for at least one season. Can't go wrong with being coached by Roy Williams. Sure beats being coached by Bernie fricking Bickerstaff (he's the Charlotte head coach).

---In music news, Phish will call it quits after their summer tour. I hate this band, so this is good news. However, look for a reunion in about 5 years when VH1 brings back "Bands Reunited". Other bands/groups scheduled to be on the show include Savage Garden and Extreme. And for the second time, Nuno Bettencourt will make VH1 piss themselves.

That's all for today.

Enjoy yourself.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page