<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

DAMN SCHOOLWORK 

That's why I didn't have a recap up yesterday. That coupled with the fact that I thought the game was at 7. I also had Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals on. Calgary was up to their usual stuff; capitalizing on turnovers and getting pucks in off deflections.

As for the Mariners, I was talking to my dad on the phone during the 12th. To me, it looked like Raul Ibanez had no business swinging at that ball because it was a slider down and way outside. Hell, he nearly fell over hitting it and trying to run down the line.

That said, six scoreless innings out of the bullpen has to count for something. And when the Mariners got the lead in the 12th, did anyone out there have the feeling it was over when Eddie Guardado came out to the mound? I sort of did, especially with the part of the lineup that was coming up against him.

Gameball: Shigetoshi Hasegawa. Somebody didn't suck! Two hitless innings, striking out two.

Goat: Dan Wilson. Somebody DID suck! 0-for-5, striking out twice and stranding six.

Maybe there's a correlation here. Does Dan Wilson have to suck for Shig to pitch well? Which would you rather have?

Moyer. Sabathia. Tonight.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page