<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 28, 2004

IT'S NOT SPORTSCENTRE 

It's much too late, and I'm directing you to this page. I'll note that you'll have to go through a little mostly painless registration format to see any of the clips, but one of the clips is a ~22 minute interview with recently fired Canuck GM Brian Burke on the Off the Record with Michael Landsberg show. Landsberg seems like a sort of Jim Rome/Max Kellerman cross, mixed with a third guy who I'm having trouble placing right now. Landsberg throws a ton of questions at him, and they touch on the NHL labor situation, the tension toward the Vancouver brass, Todd Bertuzzi, relations with the media, and a whole glut of other things, because the interview is about 22 minutes long. Anyway, if you have a flagging interest and have the patience to register for one minute, you can reap the rewards of 22 minutes of Brian Burke in a one-on-one interview.

Two tidbits I remember him saying...
-- about 80% of the Canuck season ticketholders (total 17k) say that if there is a labor stoppage and everything gets settled the right way, they will come back
-- he is for suspending players that cross the line, and said that if there were no suspensions (I'm thinking no-contact league), that they wouldn't have a product to sell

As for the post time...I guess I'm just losing my frigging mind.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page