<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

I, MAX 

Max Kellerman has returned to cable television.

However, he's now on Fox Sports Net with his new show, "I, Max".

But I'm not going to talk about Kellerman right now. There's even bigger news to come out of the first episode of "I, Max" than Kellerman himself.

The Disembodied Voice is no longer "disembodied".

His name is Bill Wolff. Simply unbelievable.

I feel like the thousands of fans who were listening to "Solider of Love" in the late 1980s who then come to find out that the guy singing the song was none other than Donny Osmond. Thanks to VH1's "Behind The Music" for supplying me with this little bit of knowledge.

Point being, "Around The Horn" is officially dead as of May 10. Now, it's already dead to me once the Disembodied Voice/Wolff left ESPN. But "officially", it's dead.

Michael Holley quit his columnist gig at the Boston Globe to join the "I, Max" crew. He represents "the world" to Max's "me". You know, the whole "me against the world" deal.

My grade for "I, Max"? 2.5 out of 5.

My suggestion for the show is to include more beat writers from around the country. But then again, I guess that would be called "Around The Horn, Fox style".

Anyways, I'm just shocked by the "unmasking" of the Disembodied Voice. Chilling.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page